Tuesday 22 April 2014

17. With Thy Needle & Thread April Wordplay


April Wordplay by With Thy Needle & Thread's Brenda Gervais.
Stitched on 32 count lemon yellow fabric, stitched over one.  
I converted the charted GAST to DMC but the colours were rather muddy (unlike the original GAST) so I just made my own colours up instead!  I used some nice 3000 greens for the lettering and a brighter red for the little trailer.  I also changed the word peeps to cheep because we don't have peeps here (I understand they are a type of sweet?).

The fabric isn't striped, they show through from the mount, but it's a good effect I am pleased with.

This is how I mounted the picture for my scrapbook using a nice piece of (recycled) Easter Egg ribbon round the edge:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!